Myths and Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight at an abandoned school

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fight at an abandoned school Empty Fight at an abandoned school

Post by Morgan Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:49 am

Victoria was standing inside a class room, that was the only thing she knew right now. There was a black board, several rows of tables and chairs, and an empty shelf on the right side.
There was dust on every object, so this classroom had obviously not been used for some time -- the school had been closed, most probably. On the wall was a ripped map of the world, perspective of Mercator. At the top, it said: 'Die Welt'. Okay, Victoria didn't know a lot of German, but she was almost certain that she was in Germany, seeing this map. Unfortunately, she couldn't look out, there were window shades of metal.
Yes, this school was definitely abandoned.
When the daughter of Athena decided to go to the door, she felt the familiar weight of her armor on her little shoulders, heavy against her light T-Shirt printed with Kepler's portrait and her pale jeans, covered with equations.
Why was she wearing her armor? Why was her shield on her arm? Why was her right hand holding her long xiphos?
Obviously, a higher - probably divine - power had taken her here... and she would have to fight.
Her blonde, dry hair was bound into a strict ponytail, no streak was escaping it.
Victoria tried to open the door, but it was locked.

'Perfect, I love such things,' Vic thought and put the point of her xiphos against the lock and started turning. She wasn't a child of Hephaestus, but she could open this door; as she worked, equations started forming in her head, equations of the fourth degree and differential equations. As it was, most of the time, her brain translated her surroundings into equations; it translated every object, every thing, every person, every line, every curve, every angle. To Victoria, it was much more clear and understandable than what her eyes presented to her. Sometimes, she would see the equations like they were in front  of her, like the object just transformed into it.

Suddenly, another girl appeared. Victoria didn't know her. She had black hair and very pale skin, but that was all she could see of her. She was wearing a Greek hoplite armor as well, and Victoria understood she was a demigod too.
However, the presence of the armor intrigued her -- would they fight together, or against each other?

"Χαιρε," Victoria said in Ancient Greek, making sure the other girl would understand that she was a Greek demigod as well.

Morgan
Admin

https://mythsandlegends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fight at an abandoned school Empty Re: Fight at an abandoned school

Post by Zarina Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:49 am

Jane had been enjoying her last meal, delving into the sweet cravings she enjoyed just so much of raw human flesh, then out of the blue she appeared in some sort of abandoned school. It was obvious, I mean, desks, chairs, blackboard....it didn't take a twelfth level intellect to figure out that she was in a school in Germany. The pale girl stood, looking around quickly, her mouth still red with blood when she noticed her hoplite armor was on, as well as her hatchet dangling from her belt.

Her eyeless holes stared as she looked at the girl, as if she could delve into the girls very secrets and soul, though she couldn't, at least not easily. She knew the girl even before she spoke Greek, Victoria was her name and obviously a brainiac...Jane kept tabs on nearly every camper, to know who would be next on her dinner list. Although she wouldn't admit it, she admired the smart Victoria, well her same side did....but right now she wasn't same at all. On the left side of her helmet more the all too familiar red hammer and sickle design, as did her breastplate. On her arm guard was a swastika, as she followed/admired both organizations.

"Hello Victoria....." She drawled creepily, Jane was known as the 'ghost girl' in camp, the murderous that hunted down campers and ate them....which was true, but human flesh was all she had a taste for now. "Janet." She said, her sanity slowly crawling back as she held her sharp German steel styled celestial bronze butcher knife. "Your a child of Athena, obviously" she said and slightly smiled, though her smile wast natural, neither were her eyes or her skin.

Then the voice made the announcement.
---

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

OOC: What do you mean by German stell styled?

BIC: The blood on Janet's lips raised Victoria's attention for a handful of seconds, then her gaze went back to the lock.

"Of course I'm a child of Athena," she snapped. "What else should I be? Everything else is so... degrading."

Turning away from her, she continued trying to open the lock. Suddenly, there was a click, and the door flew open, revealing a dusty corridor without any light. Victoria took a step out, her xiphos shining in the light.
Perhaps there was a message, something that would help them get on.
Then, a voice came.

"Good day for the crows, don't you think?" it said, and Victoria tightened. She knew what this meant. "I am Ares, god of war. For a special reason of mine, I have selected demigods in your little Camp, to see which ones fight best. I have a Quest on my mind and the winners have to accomplish it. You ready? Now, fight!"

Victoria looked at Janet.
Even though she loved the books and her peaceful life, a Quest was the apex of every demigod's life. She wanted to prove her mother that she could be a good daughter, that she would make something honorful out of her intelligence.

And intelligence was precisely the best weapon she had in this fight.
Janet was obviously older than her, and perhaps more trained - Victoria didn't know how long she had been at Camp, but it was probably not as long as her. When she was eight, she had killed the Sphinx with the help of a satyr, who had then brought her to Camp.
It wasn't a little demigod that could scare her off.
Janet might be better at combat, but strategy was Victoria's strength. With a line of equations, she could anticipate her opponent's moves and oppose them. It was like a mathematical fight to her, and it filled her with adrenaline.
Raising her shield, she waited for Janet, reading her moves in her head like an ever-changing flow of distinct equations, numbers that fluttered and gave way to others. It gave her a sens of accomplishment.

"For you, Athena," she kissed the blade of her nude xiphos, and waited for Janet to make the first move.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:54 am

OOC: I meant German steel. It's a special type of steel that has a cool design when finished.

BIC:

Fight at an abandoned school Don-t-go-to-sleep-322225088

Jane giggled, glad that now this was no longer a peaceful meeting, but a fight. She laughed as she brought out her twin machetes from her back, each Stygian iron. Swinging the blades lazily, she knew this battle wouldn't be easy, however, she had killed children of Athena before, and she was going to do it again. Raw fury raced through her body as thoughts of Victoria's demised body cooked slowly before Jane ate it. She was a cannabal, and right now she was starving. The child of melinoes eyeless sockets rang clear, a gaze that one would expect to see from a demon, a monster. In many ways Jane hardly appeared human.

She stopped swinging her machetes and then smirked, coming up with a plan in which she could spill Victoria's blood.... Fights were always a chess game, and even the most brilliant of minds could fall at a few simple moves. And in this fight, Jane wasn't going to give up.

"I will enjoy feasting on you" she laughed, then swung her first machete at her, flowed by the next, creating a grid of sharp slices, each step towards her enemy, bringing the weapons death closer as well. She held her machetes well, as they could not be disarmed from her, and her mind analyzed the battle, however not like Victoria did.

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:24 am

OOC: Just a question (because of Morgan): does Janet speak German? Oh, and I can't see the pic. Can you put the link please?

BIC:
At her remark, Victoria raised an unimpressed eyebrow. Pseudo-psychopath demigods was a current trend at Camp-Half-Blood, and the young daughter of Athena had learned not to pay attention to them - to her, they were just immature teenagers in their adolescence crisis.

"Well, if that happens, make sure to eat my brain. You're in serious need of neurons," she calmly replied as Janet swung her machetes at her. y=x^3+4z+ln(1). Victoria could feel the cinetic energy of the weapons. Ec=1/2mv^2. The movement was slow, and Vic easily parried both weapons with a stroke of her shield.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Jane giggled "I don't need any more brains then the ones I have. I have a reason to be me" she growled as sparks rang from the slight collision. Jane steppe back, and saw that Victoria was calculating, it wasn't hard to tell. Jane smirked, then feinted, attempting to cause a jar in her calculations so Jane could follow up with a stab.

Jane wondered if Victoria had deduced anything about her, she had attempted to stay unknown by murdering anyone who knew about her, except her nazi Ally.

OOC: Jane is fluent in English, Russian and German. However she has a slight Russian accent no matter what language. I'll post the link when I'm in cali

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:27 pm

OOC: Okay. I have to tell you something though, that is really annoying for me when I am RPing with you.

BIC: "Of course. Animals don't need many brain cells, now do they?" Victoria asked with a malicious smile while her calculations continued.
Like most Athena children, she could focus on several things at once, like now: speaking, fighting, calculating, and all of that with the most intense concentration.
She evaded Janet's stab by jumping back and looked at her, her expression perfectly neutral. Right now, she hadn't done any attack, she was just letting Janet do. She wanted to see how she fought, and to her, it was neither precise nor organized, just slashes and stabs like any demigod without a fighting scheme would. It was strange to her, who was kind of inhabited of fighting against her siblings - and the ones she fought were accurate in their moves (she fought only those she considered real Athena children, because the fair majority were, in her eyes, sophists - hello, they didn't even know how to integrate a function!). And she had no respect whatsoever for sophists.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:13 pm

OOC; now I'm scared. Anyways, what is it?

BIC: Jane stepped back, analyzing her unique form as she called it. Although it looked rather unorganized, in James messed up mind it was perfect. She frowned for a second, then attacked again, her machete blade in a twisting motion towards Victoria, one to ensnare and disarm. Although it did leave janes arm exposed slightly, for a fraction of a second.

Jane was thinking now, the animal comment stung. She wasn't an animal, she was a person, or well, the shell of one.

Ooc: if the problem can be fixed maybe you can help tutor me to fix it

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:33 pm

Victoria ducked her attack, even though one of her machetes slid over her sleeve, slicing through it and cutting her forearm a little. The pain was fairly acceptable though, and Victoria didn't react to it.

Seeing Janet wasn't making a reply, she decided to continue fighting in order to wait for her to understand. If she understands, the daughter of Athena smugly thought.
So she continued to parry her opponent's attacks with shield and sword, seeing there was no scheme in her moves. Boring.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:04 pm

"I have a fair idea of what you mean" the child of ghosts hissed as she took delight in even the slightest wound she had inflicted upon Victoria. "However perhaps I should listen to your verdict" Jane said, stepping back and examining the blood upon the machete that had maimed Victoria.

The daughter of melinoe grinned maniacally as she adjusted her footwork to a slight resemblance of fencing and struck forward, boldly and with her hand tight upon the handle, second machete blade used as a shield in front of the demonic girls torso.

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:48 am

„If you really had an idea, you would already have opposed me with an argument of yours,“ Victoria calmly retorted. „Don‘t try to impress me by aping intelligence.“
Everybody, when meeting a child of Athena, tried to look intelligent in order to earn respect, but it was irritatingly pathetic in Victoria‘s opinion. Why couldn‘t the people just acknowledge they were dumb? Why did they always try to imitate quick wits when they didn‘t have them?

Janet‘s fighting position was utterly cliché. Victoria just had to throw her xiphos at her to distract her and to free her hand, then hit her torso with her shield, blocking the one machete that was protecting her while at the same time grabbing her other wrist with her free hand and twist it.
Then, either Janet would let her machete fall and Victoria would grab that arm with the hand that was holding her shield, unsheath her knife with her free hand and hold the tip between her eyes, or Janet wouldn‘t let her machete fall and Victoria would continue to twist her wrist until the tip of her weapon was lodged under her chin.
Easy.
Boring.
Come on, is this the best you‘ve got?

„You think you‘re scary, don‘t you?“ Victoria stated. „You think you‘re an accomplished criminal, just because nobody found out it was you who killed the nine Campers?“ She snorted. „You‘ve got nothing of a criminal mastermind.“ She smirked smugly. „You are like a dumb beast, you just follow your instincts.“Victoria jumped on a table. „In your case, it‘s eating.“ She blocked her left machete with her sword and her right one with her shield. „All you do is eating others. Boring.“ And, taking advantage that she had blocked both her weapons, she aimed a kick square at her face.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:33 am

Jane ignored the words this daughter of wisdom tossed at her, and instead focused on the fight. Both of her weapons had been compromised, and she had barely enough time to draw breath before she was kicks in the face, her entire body falling backwards and away from Victoria. She also heard a crunch as her nose began to bleed, as well as a broken tooth. Jane laughed though, not caring about the pain as she spit her broken tooth upon the ground. "That the best you got?" She shouted in Russian, adding insults and , rubbing her wrist absentmindedly, then got her machetes up again, this time taking a more strategic approach than the last time, one machete held out in front, straight as if this was fencing, and her second machete behind her back. She smirked, her eyeless holes that were her eyes staring into the child of wisdom. She was determined to break her, to win, to succeed. There wasn't a way that Jane would back down now.

"If your so confident you would win, why don't you just get it over with? There were quite a many opportunities for you to do so" she taunted, although that was not a normal tactic for Jane to apply, she was playing for keeps now, no more easy moves, no more sloppy mistakes, no more mess ups.

Last edited by Zach on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:37 am; edited 3 times in total

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 am

OOC: Victoria's bare skin? She's wearing shoes and socks.... And jeans. There's no way Janet could dig her teeth into her skin. Can you please change that? Besides, how could Janet possibly duck a square kick into the face? Even if she bit, it would break at least two of her teeth.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:57 am

OOC: sorry, didn't read it thoroughly. I'll fix that

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:39 pm

A table stopped Janet‘s fall, her back banging against it as she spat her broken tooth out. Victoria gazed with inner satisfaction at the blood that gushed out of Janet‘s nose - ,that‘s what sophists should get‘ she thought. The eyeless girl shouted something in Russian at Victoria, who graciously ignored the outburst.
An animal, and a coward, my, my.
A coward, because she didn‘t yell at Victoria in a language she could understand. If she had been courageous, she would have shouted at her in English or Ancient Greek, and faced the result of her actions - in this case, Vic‘s reaction. But no, it was sooo easy to shout in a foreign language, almost as easy as hiding behind your mother‘s skirts.
She shouted something that sounded like insults, too.
Yeah.
Like the common person.
Every time Victoria told somebody else what she thought about him or her, in seventy percents of the cases, she got insulted. But it didn‘t bother Vic, quite the contrary. Those insults were confirmations that she was right. Because if she hadn‘t been, the other one would have argued and proved her wrong. They insulted her because they knew they were beaten, but they just tried to save their pride.
Giving me something like that as an opponent. By Athena, I must have done something to offend Ares.

Janet took another position: one machete pointed at Victoria, the other one protecting her back. She gotta be kidding me. This position was even more easy than the one before. Victoria only had to protect herself by putting her shield over her head, hit Janet‘s machete horizontally and, in the continuation of that movement, cut into her hand to disarm her.
She raised her eyebrows, unimpressed, wondering whether Janet was a green one in fighting. Her superior age forbid that, but it didn‘t change anything to the fact she fought like the common Campers - easy positions and unprecise moves.
Then Janet talked to her and Victoria looked at her with her grey eyes.
„Because I have already won,“ she stated. „I just don‘t want my winning this to be too easy - otherwise it‘s really boring, and I don‘t earn any glory in beating you.“ She smiled cooly at her. „I‘m just giving you chances. You should be grateful.“

OOC: Can you put (in your next post) that part where Janet tells Victoria it‘s not because she has brains that it means she‘s wise, that there are several types of wisdom? I had prepared Vic‘s answer for that as well and I‘d like to post it, if you don‘t mind Wink

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:47 am

Janet smirked "chances? Your giving me chances? Thanks for the offer miss owl pellet, but I'd rather be already lying on the floor asleep then take a chance from you" Jane told her, anxious to get something over with as she moved her machetes, scraping them across the tile ground to initiate a sound resembling one of fingernails on a chalk board. Jane then realized she had been fighting blind.

They were in an entire classroom, entire school! Even, full of stuff she could use to take the upper hand away from Victoria, possibly only slightly and seize a wound upon the daughter of wisdom.

"Just because your smart, just because your IQ is so much higher than the common rabble, doesn't mean you are wise Victoria. Wisdom has several different types, different forms, from one to another. I may not have my brain the way it was before, I may be battered down, but at least I have a realistic purpose yah brute" she growled, raising her machetes to form an X in front of her, her feet with a slightly better posture and balance.

Now was the finally, the home stretch, all or nothing. Jane wasn't going to give up, and would fight until Victoria conked her out, or she brutally knocked Victoria out. In fact, to Jane it appeared that the god of war was playing mortal combat with them! And it was as if he had put a wall that was near impossible for Jane to accomplish, but she knew she would work her ass off to get through Victoria, to make it.

Out thinking a child of Athena though was difficult enough, as every move Jane had tried, had resulted I failure. What moves could se do that would knock Victoria temporarily unguarded so she could race in with a knockout blow. All she needed was one good shot.

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:41 pm

OOC: I think I asked you to stop copying my posts. Which means ,fairness‘ as well: your character doesn‘t know what mine is thinking. It is the second time now Victoria outthinks Janet - in her mind - and it‘s the second time you change your character‘s position without any explanation. As if Janet had seen what Victoria was thinking - which is of course impossible.

BIC: When Janet said she‘d rather lie on the floor asleep than take a chance from her, Victoria looked at her weirdly.
„But you already did,“ she said with evidence in her voice. „You already took chances from me. Do you think this is my actual fighting style? Pah! I use my real fighting style against my siblings, not against an animal like you. It would be a waste.“

In response, Janet moved her machete to form a cross in front of her. The position could be seen as a defense, yes... But if Victoria gave her a quick, powerful pang of her shield against the weapons, it could cut through her clothes and even into her skin. And then, all the daughter of Athena had to do was to put the tip of her xiphos under her throat or between her eyes. Game over.

A smirk played on Janet‘s lips, which irritated Victoria - the girl probably thought she was about to say something smart. Which of course would turn out to be completely dumb.
And so it went.
Victoria could‘ve smacked her with the blade of her sword. How could she - she - talk about wisdom? She didn‘t know a thing about wisdom!
„You shouldn‘t talk about things you don‘t know,“ Victoria stated with a controlled voice. „There aren‘t different types of wisdom, my little, just different definitions. The definition of wisdom has evolved throughout the ages, which doesn‘t mean that wisdom itself did evolve. Sometimes - often - the definition differs from the actual thing.“
She aimed the hit with her shield at Janet‘s torso, taking advantage of the fact she was blocked in front of a table and could not step back.
„If you‘re talking about Descartes‘s definition of wisdom - which sums up the general antique definition of it - then yes, I am mostly wise. If you‘re talking about Kant‘s definition, then I could probably achieve complete wisdom in a couple of years. (She pressed her shield against Janet‘s machetes, aiming for it to dig into her skin.) Right now, I‘m not sure my intentions (as far as sciences and philosophy are concerned) are totally pure. Now should you talk about Ricoeur‘s definition, then I probably am not completely wise for I have not yet achieved the total overstepping of moral.“
Victoria gritted her teeth, looking at what she considered a human-looking animal.
„Wisdom nowadays is essentially intersubjective. Practical wisdom mostly manifests by what can be called ,critical sollicitude‘, respect and care for the other ones, in particular in the hazardous situations humanity‘s new powers gave birth to. Now, animal, stop talking about things you don‘t know -- in fact, shut up totally. It can do you nothing but good,“ she finished, her controlled anger making her articulate neatly while her other hand held her xiphos, ready to stroke Janet‘s throat with the tip of it.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:05 am

Janet struggled, pushing her machetes back against her as her mind raced, but the verbal part of this battle was out and her, Jane had nothing to say back to her as she looked wildly for a way out. She saw one, but part of her did not even wish to continue with this fight. And she had two good reasons for allowing her to win, for surrendering to the daughter of Athena that was annoying her weak little mind.

Before Jane could reconsider, her hands think with her mind, they opened, and her machetes fell to the floor with a clank, vibrating for a fraction of a second before settling upon the ground. Jane winced as Victoria's shield into her shoulders, into her torso as she muttered two words. "I surrender" She told her and grit her teeth, preparing for the humiliation, though she would get over it, she would know to actually train now.

OOC: sorry it's short, and the guy who was gonna be Victoria's friend? My sibling deleted the form

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:14 am

The clank resonated between the walls of the classroom as Janet dropped her machetes, surrendering.

Victoria wanted to hit her. She wanted to slash out at her, again and again, until she understood how dumb she was and cried over her own narrow-mindedness.
But that would be a waste. Janet didn't deserve her attention.
She took a step back and sheathed her xiphos, gazing at her ex-opponent with her hematite-grey eyes.

"At Camp, try not to kill too many people. It's always such a mess to find the bones in the forest," she said.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:16 am

"Fine. Any ideas who to train with?" Jane hissed, attempting to get some knowledge on who could train her, she didn't want another humiliating defeat at the hands of a brat.

"And perhaps you could attempt to be a bit nicer to those dumber than you"

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:20 am

"You could train with your little sister. She's probably more handy than you," Victoria calmly retorted. "And why should I be nicer? You think I aspire to spend time with your lot? "

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:21 am

"What little sister? I carry no siblings in my mind" she growled, sheathing her machetes. "And perhaps it woul win you more support if you did become kinder"

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:31 am

"Oh really? No little sister? Odd, judging from your fighting way, I thought you had trained with an eight-years-old," she relentlessly continued. "Hah, support! Why would I need support? All the support I need is in my head, little kid. Besides, social relationships influences people - you think I'd risk to be influenced by people like you? How boring it must be in your little heads, it must be strange. Nah, I'm good. I have my favorite siblings, my... er... friend, and my father," she finished. She had hesitated on 'friend' because technically, she and Jason weren't dating yet.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:38 am

Jane didn't reply and looked to the heavens for ares to take her away, she didn't want to speak with Victoria any more, and any respect she had for her was now gone.

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:47 am

Victoria looked at her with a smug, ironical expression. Janet's expression was eloquent: she thought she was in her right, and Victoria was in the wrong.

"You shouldn't despise the smarter, animal," she replied, then looked at her with an inclined head. "You don't believe you're an animal, do you?"

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next