Myths and Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virginia Capitol

2 posters

Go down

Virginia Capitol Empty Virginia Capitol

Post by Zarina Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:13 pm

The Commonwealth of Virginia sat on the eastern coast of the great nation of the United States, the sun chariot, pulled by Apollo, quickly riding to the west, leaving the tenth state to be left in the darkness. Lights flickered all over this triangular state, a representation to some of the Greek delta. It's cities flashing their vibrance up into the heavens above.

Richmond, the Capitol that sat on the James river was peaceful tonight, crime had dropped and the waterfront was calm, and unpolluted. It's warehouse littered downtown, full of trains and large buildings sat only a bit southeast on the river from the main city, and the Capitol building of this great state.

Lenore, a shy, scared, daughter of love, Aphrodite sat alone on the steps of the building, inspired from Ancient Greek architecture, mainly the Parthenon. Her natural blue hair, with an unnatural dusting of gray was cut just below her small shoulders, her entire form slim. Her satchel, genuine cow leather, browned and well made sat beside her, open and with two books peaking out, not including the one she had in her hand. The complete works of Edgar Allen Poe was the first one, perhaps the most treasured book in her collection, due to her personal collection to the author and his works, and how she enjoyed that style of writing. The second book peeking out, one a bit more common for a demigod, was a guide to Greek monsters and myths. Even though this book scared Lenore every time she glanced at the cover, she got scared, worse than she usually was. Finally, the book her pen was currently scratching in was her journal. She sighed, managing a smile in the complete silence as that is what she enjoyed.

At camp, Lenore was picked on, forced to do chores, forced to run errands for her siblings and then forced to ordeal the humiliation they threw at her. She never dated, was rarely seen, and the abuse showed upon her vibrant, violet eyes.

She was happy in her home state, her home environment, beneath the statue of George Washington. She looked at her rapier, nice and clean in its sheath. Made of celestial bronze it had a very elegant hilt, and she excelled in fencing, as well as makashi styled swordplay.

She was suddenly thrown off guard, freezing as a whirlwind appeared ten feet in front of her, a figure appearing. She hastily packed her things and backed up, noticing her arm guards and breastplate on, along with the rest of her armor, but no helmet. Instead her beret remains on her head, the black hat resting atop her peculiar hair.

OOC: ok, so hopefully this rp will house my best posts, Lenore is one of my favorites.

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Virginia Capitol Empty Re: Virginia Capitol

Post by Morgan Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:38 pm

A silvery-grey river glistened in the early evening light, reflecting the trees and the sky as it moved as silently as a soft breeze, in its bed. The waves discretely murmured to the growing darkness as a ribbon of birds left the tree they had been occupying, aiming a high building as their next place to stay at.

And Laure had no idea where she was.
All she knew was that, a few seconds ago, she had been stroking Lindia‘s hair in one of their passionate kisses while holding her slender body tightly, and now she was - somewhere - fully dressed in her heavy Roman armor, her hair held in a ponytail even though she was absolutely sure she had them free when kissing Lindia. Wondering whether she was in a dream or if she had become completely mad, Laure looked around, her eyes blinking in the still-crude light. Damn, that dark corner in the barrack had been so cosy...

Okay, if this was a dream, it couldn‘t be that bad, now could it? A shiny river, nice temperature, glowing colors in the sky...
Then she saw the Capitole.
Virginia. Now she knew where she was.
However, there was a problem: it was completely empty. Nobody was there. Laure had been several times here, with her father, and there had been people everywhere. Now the place seemed - abandoned.
...Abandoned, safe for one person.
A weird one.
Blue-grey hair and purple eyes, she made Laure think of Nihal, the protagonist of the Chronicles of the Emerged World by Licia Troisi. Except that this girl obviously wasn‘t a half-elf, even though she possessed physical traits of rare beauty, which were evident in spite of the shadow her beret cast on her face. Of course, though, she couldn‘t match Lindia. To Laure, Lindia was the epitome of beauty and magnificence, and nobody could reach her degree of grace, not even the daughters of Venus.

When Laure came, the girl hastily put the book she had been writing in into her leather bag, as if she feared Laure would take it from her or try to read it.

„Hey,“ Laure greeted her. „I‘m sorry, but I have the impression that I...“
She suddenly trailed of.
The girl was wearing an armor.
Not a Roman one.
Laure looked at her as if she saw her for the first time: the girl was Greek.
She was about to say something when a voice came to their ears - or was it in her head?
„Lenore, Camper, my name is Ares. To you, Laure, soldier of Rome, I am Mars Ultor. What I want is simple: fight, but not to death; I am selecting one of you to participate in a Quest I need to get done.“

„My lord,“ Laure carefully worded while kneeling down, „which centurio is accompanying the winner?“

„I don‘t want this Quest to be like the others, young Roman. I take the best ones I can find in both Camps, not caring whether they are centurios.“ He paused. „Enough of pointless ramble. Fight!“

Like most Romans, a Quest was a rare honor. Laure could achieve her life‘s goal.
She raised her shield solemnly, and pointed her imperial gold pilum at the other girl.

Morgan
Admin

https://mythsandlegends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:33 am

Lenore had seen this girl come into fill view, and it inspired fear deep inside of her as she backed up, her eyes widening in fear as both the girl spoke in the accent, before the great god of war spoke. Lenore was paralyzed with fear, unable to know what to do, unable to know whether to surrender, or fight. Lenore, although she didn't appear as a fighter was still an expert fencer, and knew she could hold her own, however, Laure seemed a tad older, which meant more experience, and since she was roman it meant a completely different fighting style. Lenore trembled with fear, her hand shaking as she carefully put her bag down, the books spilling across the floor.

Looking quickly at the roman opponent she carefully stepped forward, eyes cast suddenly to the ground, collecting her books, but hesitating for one was next to laures foot, and it was her Edgar Allen Poe collection. She backed up, placing her other books into her bag as her trembling fingers played with the sheath to her rapier that lay lazily on her belt, before finally grasping the handle and pulling the sword straight out, and held it aloft at her, ready for an engagement in combat.

It was still so obvious to see that this little girl was scared, was frightened, yet she had the courage to draw her own weapon, and hold it steady, although her hand did tremble a bit. "Remember Lee....." She whispered, a reference to the great Robert E. Lee, and how he would fight for his home, instead of his country. "Remember Jones....." Another reference to the great naval hero, John Paul Jones, who in the heat of battle lazily replied with a voice of freedom and truth I have not begun to fight. "And for Poe" she said finally, in her self appointed duty to honor her ancestor, the great author and poet, and ironically the creator of her curse.

"If we must f...f....f...fight" she stammered "please tell me your name and parentage noble warrior, as I wish to know who will most likely have the honor of claiming my defeat" she said, her voice rich and angelic, although it led out feelings of sadness and abuse. Lenore didn't wish to use this as an advantage to fight, but was generally curious to know who was behind that helmet Lenore so defiantly refused to wear on herself.

A ravens caw happened directly behind Lenore, and she tensed, words repeating on her lips, over and over again, in rough Latin, but the meaning came out the same every time. Quoth the raven, Nevermore. Quoth the raven, Nevermore. Quoth the raven, Nevermore..... Again and again the blue haired girl whimpered in total fear, backing up to allow them both into the large circular room for the upcoming fight that would send one of them into a quest for the god of war. Lenore then, patiently waited for her while still showing fear, but as if she wasn't afraid of just Laure, but everything and anything.

However, although Lenore appeared weak and an easy Victory, she would put up hopefully a decent fight with her rapier, and her round shield, slightly smaller than a standard one. Casted on this shield was supposed to be a dove, but Lenore had managed to change the image into the ghastly bird the walked nights Plutonian shore, the Raven.

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:02 am

The other, younger girl, was clearly scared. Laure didn‘t know she inspired so much terror - or it was perhaps the perspective of fighting that frightened Lenore. As she took her bag, her books fell on the ground and one came gliding next to Laure‘s foot, where it stopped. Lenore looked at the book with fear, and the French girl gazed down. ,The complete works of Edgar Allan Poe‘ said the title. Laure had heard of Poe, though she had never read any poem. It was said to be dark and psychological, and that was enough for Laure not to read a single page. However, Lenore was obviously fond of it, and the Roman bent down to pick it up the moment her opponent pointed her sword at her. Laure looked at her with a little smile, hesitating about what to do. She was holding shield and book with the same hand, and licked her lips. Finally, she put her pilum down - for now - and advanced in Lenore‘s direction.
„My name is Laure Dornois, daughter of Aurora,“ she stated as she handed her her book, „and I‘m from the Second Cohort of the Twelfth Legion Fulminata.“

OOC: Yep, short post.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:04 am

Lenore's eyes widened in fear more when Laure approached her, but then gratefully accepted the book, her rapier down and it's sharp tip against the ground. "Aurora?" She asked, unsure if she had known of this goddess, but it wasn't familiar to her in the slightest to the young Virginian. "I am a child of Aphrodite" she said slowly, as if she regretted her mother, though the truth was Lenore regretted her siblings.

Although her eyes showed fear, behind them was the longing of justice and acceptance, though Lenore thought she knew what was going to happen now.

Surely Laure is going to beat me up and leave me here, she's a roman, I'm a Greek. It's black and white... she thought, her idea of Rome and its glory not particularly right, but the myths she had heard at camp from her siblings and her one friend had forced her to believe the status quo. Please let this warrior go easy on me...or just let myself have the courage to surrender.... Then she hesitated in her thoughts, and steeled herself, knowing she had to honor her state against this legionnaire of the mighty Romans. This was her home, and no one would enter without a fight.

OOC: it's ok

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:16 am

"Aphrodite," Laure worded slowly, suddenly on the defensive side.

Aphrodite was the Greek counterpart of Venus, and Laure disliked Venus - no, she didn't dislike her, she was scared of her because of the course she had set on her mother, Aurora, and that had passed on her: falling in love with nearly every man that crossed her way.
And Venus children made her nervous. She always tried to get out of their way.

Fighting a child of Aphrodite - Laure wondered how it would come out.

Taking steps back she looked into her beautiful violet eyes, wondering what she was like, as a person.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Lenore pushed her blue hair back and waited for her to make the first move, only going to fight in defense of her own state, she wouldn't attack anyone else unless she was threatened.

Lenore held her rapier up again, nodding as an acknowledgment to her being prepared for battle.

OOOC: sorry it's short

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:19 am

Laure looked at her, then, with an experienced move, threw her pilum at her. The long weapon flew through the air, the imperial gold shining up...

OOC: me too. XD

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:50 am

Lenore saw the pilum flying at her and got hit in the shoulder, her armor absorbing much of the weapons force, but she was still knocked back a step. However, this child of Aphrodite straightened herself and thrusted at laures chest with her rapier, her fighting form elegant and smooth.

Lenore held her shield behind her back, as if she wasn't going to use the bronze instrument, but instead she was simply waiting for the right moment.

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:47 am

The sound of Laure's pilum hitting Lenore's shoulder was most satisfying to the sixteen-years-old.
Lenore tossed her pointed sword at her, but Laure didn't really have to move since her large rectangle-shaped shield was already protecting her. It bumped into the steel, without causing much damage, and clanked on the road.

It was one of the first times Laure was perceiving the hint of triumph in the air - normally, she wasn't what you could call a first-class-fighter. She is hand with bow and arrows, and with her spear. But sword? Hah. Funny you.
However, in this she seemed to win.
Like, really win.
Normally, when she fought, it was often against boys. Phebus children. She would pretend to lose just so she could flirt with them, complimenting them on their strength and combat skills.
Of course, here, she wouldn't be flirting. Mars had commanded this, and Mars Ultor shouldn't be disappointed by a soldier of Rome.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Lenore wouldn't give up, she had her sword still, she just had to get around that large shield that protected Laures body. She stepped back, sword out in front at the ready as she thought carefully. Perhaps even if negotiating was out of the question, and her skills were far outmatched....Lenore knew this city tenfold better than Laure, from the floor plans to the skyscrapers to the bottoms of the sewers. She examined the roman warrior, and she tried to overcome her fear as she made a quick feint towards her face, before turning, moving to laures back and slicing, hoping her blade would cut through the armor, or at least make a dent.

She jumped back after that, panting. Why didn't camp train people for this? She was loyal to her classes in fighting, but even if she lacked total knowledge of the Romans, she knew one thing about how they fought. They analyzed the enemies styles and attacked the weak spots. She hoped Laure would be so kind as to not do that, but she had a sense that this girl had a strict sense of honor.

She stared at her, waiting, watching carefully as she looked at her, eyes showing a combanation of fear and courage.

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:52 am

Lenore's sword dented Laure's armor; the young girl was quick and precise. However, the tip cut through her clothing, digging into her skin. She cried out as the pain flashed up, and glared angrily at her opponent, while a streak of red blood escaped the new wound.

Unsheathing her sword, Laure approached Lenore. She pointed the tip at her before slashing out in the Roman way.

Morgan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarina Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Lenore saw her quickly unsheathe her sword and stab in an unorthodox way towards the young child of Aphrodite. In an act of reflex she brought her own blade to counter the Romans, a loud clank sounding. She smirked and thrusted at her sword hand, hoping to make another wound, but then again she would most likely fall, knowing this roman.

Zarina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum